Master Trainer & Owner, Positive Response Dog Training
I have always had a passion for animals and training from a very young age. Moving to Canberra I started a long public service career and as a hobby, joined the local pony club and the companion dog club as an instructor and competitor. Training and competing in both, life seemed complete. In 1998, I won a position with AQIS as a detection dog handler and moved to Victoria. It was a fulfilling career working with scent detection dogs and with my passion for teaching and competing, I joined the first positive dog training club in Keillor.
Positive Response was born in Melbourne as a part time venture to serve the further need of the community. Moving to Brisbane the business grew rapidly from a small part time concern to what it is today. As someone who has grown up in business and customer service, I recognized the need for quality professional trainers within the Brisbane area and have developed a fantastic team of trainers.
Highlights of My Career:
- Worked as a Quarantine Detection (sniffer) dog Handler at Melbourne International Airport with my detector dog Phantom and training other handlers and their dogs. “Watching Border Security is exactly what my average day in the office was like”.
- Competing and winning in obedience with my dog Isaac
- Teaching in many obedience clubs over the years
- One of the first to introduce FLYBALL, a fantastic dog sport, to Australia whilst living in Canberra
- Appeared on The Bert Newton Show and Channel 9, and in many local newspapers and editorials.